Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My First Bento - tata! Bento # 1 : Mousy Swissroll




Here is my first attempt in making snack Bento for my boy morning break. :)

Still struggling on how to use the bento gadgets i bought from Daiso the other day.. and i am planning for my 2nd trip to 100 yen shop to collect somemore..

keke.. Sign of a Bento addict huh?

I use a piece of swiss roll to make the face of the mouse ( actually i wanted to make a bear , but it turn out looking more like a mouse.. so be it..haha)
I cut the grapes for the ears, cheese for the round cheeks and raisins for the eyes..
but it looks rather empty in the bento box.. I need more gadgets like barans, and silicon cups maybe?
When my son first saw the bento.. you can see the surprise in his eyes..
I think he is attracted to the food due to the food pick and the adorable characters of the food..
This is the reason for making bento right? To make food interesting and acceptable to our children..
I told him to bring back the food pick and the cute thing is my parents told me he double check his backpack whether his bento box is inside when they pick him up after school..such a sweet boy, listen to mummy's word.. :)

The only limitation i have is time constraint.. I got a 4 mth old baby girl and 3 year old boy... every day task seems never ending.. I think every mum will starting nodding their heads by now :)

So i squeeze in some time before going to bed to make the bento.. as we have to send Ethan to school quite early due to distance..






No comments:

Post a Comment