Monday, January 3, 2011

Bento No. 44 - City Mouse and Country Mouse




E requested for a Mouse bento from the Story book - " The City Mouse and Country Mouse."
I have been reading him night time story since he was 2. I just bought a batch of books recently. And I have finished reading all of them to him, some of them repeated not twice but many times. :)


Hmm.. think its time to replenish the books again. Last night,E requested a Country Mouse bento, so I happily obliged.

I use the newly added Mickey Mouse cutter to cut Strawberry sammies and Banana cake into 2 different colour Mouse.

So there is a White city mouse and a Brown country mouse.

I use 2 different tones of cheese as their ears and nose for contrast. Nori for eyes and whiskers.

Added skewers of grapes and some Cheese crackers. Though they look different , they both love Cheese for sure. :)

Have added this to Shannon's WFLW week 32.

6 comments:

  1. What a clever way to use the Mickey Mouse cutter and also white and brown to differentiate the city & country mouse, cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ai Ping, the Mickey Mouse sure is handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...so creative & cute! I have this story book too...my youngest love to listen to the story and look at those colouful pictures. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily. Its good that the story is being presented in his bento too.. so he will never forget the story..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on those!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete