Monday, January 10, 2011

Bento No. 46 : The Happy Bunny Family


2011 is the Year of Rabbit/Hare in the Chinese Zodiac. And the Chinese New Year is just around the corner..Yipee! we love the New Year atmosphere where we got to eat all the good food, Lion Dance and Firecrackers/Fireworks.

To celebrate the year of rabbit, I will make my first bunny bento.

Use difference type of Rabbit cutter to cut some Chiffon Cake, Cheese and Nori for the eyes, nose and mouth.

I made a happy family with a papa, mama and baby bunny. Nothing is better than to have a healthy and happy family.

Add in some Starfruits, mini honey Mandarin orange (its very sweet and juicy, we got plenty of them during period of Chinese New Year) and grapes to fill up the box. Two orange gummies camouflage as Carrots as a treat for E.

12 comments:

  1. I believe that CNY will be more festive there compare to here. Love your happy bunny families! Those different size of bunny cutters are pretty handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect is this bento for the New Year, and full of joy...as I hope 2011 will be for you and yours, dear Bobo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lia, yes but i think most important is to have your family and relatives by your side, then you can feel the festive atmosphere..
    Hope you enjoy your time with your sister and brother too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bento make me smile...so cute. Such a great idea to start the new year theme with this happy bunny family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenn,I always wish for health and happiness for my family. and of course i wish the same for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, Thanks. I know you made some cute bunny bentos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I need to find all this fun food! Starfruit! Mini oranges! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ludicrous Mama, I sure you can find some fun fruits at your place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a sweet bunnies bento!
    I've yet to kick start any bunnies bento!!! Still don't have time and ideas! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Alice, I sure you will have brilliant ideas for bunny bentos.. I will wait..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uniflame, Thanks for the nice comments.:)

    ReplyDelete